Shrimp Fajitas Recipe For Candida
- 2 limes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1/2 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 pound raw shrimp, de-veined and shelled
- 6 flour tortillas
- Mexican crema
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Set the sheet pan close by.
- Juice 1 1/2 of the limes. Cut the other lime half into six wedges and set them aside.
- Toss the bell peppers and onion into the 2 teaspoons of canola oil until coated. Scatter them onto the sheet pan in a single layer.
- Pour the lime juice and garlic into a blender, adding in the remaining oil in a steady stream. Add the salt and spices, pulsing once to combine. Marinate the shrimp, tossing to coat in a large zip-seal bag for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roast the bell pepper and onion for 10 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade. Polka dot the shrimp onto the sheet pan of roasted veggies. Roast for 8 minutes more or until pink and fragrant.
- Heat some flour tortillas and set out the Mexican crema or sour cream to serve with the lime wedges.