Low Carb Bacon Fried Cabbage Recipe For Yeast Infection
- 6 slices bacon, thick-cut, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 6 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper, ground
- In a cast-iron skillet over medium heat, sauté the bacon pieces until the grease is rendered and bacon is cooked through and crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon pieces and set them aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Reserve the bacon grease and add 2 tablespoons of it back to the skillet. Sauté the diced onions until soft and caramelized, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook until the garlic is fragrant about 1 minute. Set the cooked onions and garlic aside.
- Add the remaining bacon grease to the skillet and stir in 2 cups of cabbage and cook until crispy, about 8 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to move the cabbage around occasionally to prevent burning. Set the cooked cabbage aside, and cook the rest of the cabbage in batches.
- Once the cabbage is cooked, return the cabbage, onions, and garlic to the skillet. Sprinkle in the salt and pepper and mix well, before finally adding in the cooked bacon pieces. Serve immediately.