Larb Lettuce Cups Recipe For Yeast Infection
- 1/2 cup Dry rice, toasted and ground
- 2 lbs Ground chicken
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 1/2 cup Shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Lime juice
- 1 tsp Lime zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Mint, roughly chopped
- 2 Heads boston/butter lettuce
Ingredients foe the sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp chili paste
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
- 2 tsp Fish sauce
- 3 Green onions, thinly sliced
- In a small skillet set over medium high heat, toast the raw rice (dry, no oil) until brown and fragrant, about 4 minutes. In a small food processor, or using a mortar and pestle, grind the toasted rice into a fine powder, set aside.
- In a large skillet or braiser set over medium-high heat, sauté chicken until cooked through, drain over a colander, set aside.
- Using the same large skillet, cook the shallots in the oil until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken back into the pan. Add powdered toasted rice powder, brown sugar, lime juice, zest, salt, chili paste and fish sauce. Sauté for 3-5 minutes until all ingredients are fully incorporated and there is little to no crunch left from the rice powder. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients for the sauce.
- Add the cilantro and mint to the chicken mixture.
- Remove lettuce leaves from the stalk. Fill each lettuce cup/leaf with the larb mixture.
- Serve drizzle with a little sauce.
Very tasty and appetizing.