Tikka Masala Soup Recipe For Urinary Tract Infection
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp garam masala spice mix
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 28 oz. can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 14 oz. can coconut cream
- 1-2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Whole rotisserie chicken or 4 cups tmp shredded chicken
- Heat coconut oil over med-high heat in a heavy soup pot. Sauté the onion for 4 minutes then add garlic for 3 more minutes. Add cayenne pepper, garam masala, ginger, cumin, turmeric, and cinnamon. Sauté for 3 minutes longer until spices are fragrant.
- Add to the pot, 2 cups of chicken stock, tomatoes and coconut cream. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, or stand blender purée soup until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and add shredded chicken.