Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon Recipe For Urinary Tract Infection
- 1 lb shrimp, large, butterflied, shell removed (1 pound = ~24 large shrimp)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/4 cup basil , fresh
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 6 strip bacon, thinly cut, or prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Place shrimp, olive oil, and garlic in a resealable bag and marinate for 5 minutes while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Using a mortar and pestle or small food processor, combine basil, smoked paprika, turmeric, and sea salt until well blended.
- Remove shrimp from bag and divide basil paste between each shrimp, stuffing the mixture in the butterfly cut in the back of the shrimp. Fold shrimp back together.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the bacon strips lengthwise. Cut each thin, lengthwise strip in half.
- Carefully wrap the stuffed shrimp in the bacon strips. Place on a sheet pan and bake for 15 minutes, or until shrimp is opaque and bacon crisp.