Korean Beef Stew Recipe For Urinary Tract Infection
Ingredients of the stew
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 lb stew beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 tsp Tapioca starch, divided
- 3 large carrots , sliced
- 3/4 cup Beef broth
- 3/4 cup Apple juice, not from concentrate
- 1/2 cup Coconut aminos
- 2 tsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp Chile garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 3 cup Shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4 large eggs
- cauliflower rice , cooked
Ingredients of Garnishes
- Kimchi, sugar free
- Pickled cucumber
- Seasame seeds
- Bean sprouts
- green onion, sliced
- Red Cabbage
Ingredients For The Pickled Cucumbers
- 1 cup Apple Juice
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 Medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- Heat the sesame oil and avocado oil in a large pan on high heat. Add in the beef and cook until golden brown on all sides. Add into the bottom of a 7 quart slow cooker.
- Add 4 tsp of the tapioca starch, reserving the rest for later, and stir to coat the beef. Add the carrot, broth, apple juice, coconut aminos, garlic, ginger, chile paste and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Stir together the rice vinegar and apple juice and add the sliced cucumber into it. Cover and refrigerate while the beef cooks.
- After 6 hours, place the remaining 4 tsp of tapioca starch into a small bowl. Add in 8 tsp of the hot cooking liquid and whisk until smooth. While constantly whisking, stir that back into the slow cooker until combined. Add in the mushrooms and stir. Cover and cook until the meat and mushrooms are very tender, about 2 more hours.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil (make sure you have enough water to cover the eggs.) Once boiling, use a slotted spoon to gently place the eggs into the boiling water. Cook for 7 minutes and then drain the hot water out and cover the eggs with cold water.
- Serve over hot cooked cauliflower rice (or regular rice) and garnish with the cucumbers (drain the vinegar/juice out!) kimchi, sesame seeds, green onion, bean sprouts and optional red cabbage. Peel the eggs and slice them on top.
Wow this beef is very flavorful and tender.