Kale Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe For Urinary Tract Infection
Ingredients for the caesar dressing:
- 1/2 cup homemade mayo
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp sea salt, to taste
- 1.8 – 1/4 tsp black pepper , to taste
Ingredients for the salad:
- 5 cups kale
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil plus large pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tsp olive oil plus large pinch of sea salt
- 1 chicken breast, skinless, boneless
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1/2 large avocado, diced
- Prepare the dressing first: whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl and chill until ready to serve
- Brush your grill, grill pan or cast-iron skillet with oil and heat to medium/med-hi (adjust as needed)
- Sprinkle chicken breast on both sides with sea salt and pepper, then grill 6-7 mins on each side depending on thickness, until juices run clear and inside is no longer pink. Set aside covered in aluminum foil while you toss the pine nuts.
- Place a small cast-iron skillet over med heat and add tsp oil, add the pine nuts and sprinkle with salt. Cook, stirring for about 1 minute or until golden brown – be sure to adjust the heat if necessary so they don’t burn.
- To massage the kale, place it in a large bowl and drizzle with the 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. knead the kale with your hands as if kneading bread dough for about 2-3 mins or until the desired texture is achieved.
- Place massaged kale in a serving bowl and toss with chopped avocado and toasted pine nuts. Slice the chicken breast and arrange on salad, then toss or top with caesar dressing right before serving – use as much or as little as you want as per preference.