Hash Brown Egg Cups Recipe For Urinary Tract Infection
- 1⁄4 cup salted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 cups frozen sweet potato tots, thawed
- 2 cups frozen potato tots, thawed
- cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- avocado, diced
- hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, and cook, stirring often, until softened, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the potato tots, and cook, using a wooden spoon to stir and break up the potatoes so they resemble hash browns, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Line a large colander with a few paper towels, and add the hash brown mixture. Wrap up the hash browns with paper towels, and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- Coat 8 cups in a muffin pan with cooking spray. Divide the hash brown mixture evenly among the muffins cups (a few tablespoons each). Using fingers or a rubber spatula, push the potato mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of each cup, creating a tight nest. Spray once more with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and crack 1 egg into each cup. Sprinkle evenly with the salt and pepper. Return to the oven and bake until the whites of the eggs are set and the yolks are to the desired degree of doneness, 6 to 8 minutes (you can cook for longer if you prefer a firmer yolk). Sprinkle with avocado and hot sauce for extra flavor hits, if you wish.