Crispy Paleo Tostones with Guacamole Recipe For Urinary Tract Infection
- 3 green plantains, peeled, sliced into 3/4 inch rounds
- 3 cups avocado oil, grass-fed ghee, or pastured beef tallow
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- fresh oregano leaves, for garnish
- salt, to taste
- Add oil, ghee, or tallow to a pan at least 3 inches deep on medium heat. A deep cast-iron skillet works well.
- When oil is hot, add sliced plantain and make sure they’re evenly dispersed in the oil and not overcrowding the pan. Fry until the outsides are a light golden and they are soft enough to pierce with a fork. If needed, work in batches to fry.
- Remove slices and drain on paper towels. Using the bottom of a mason jar, squash and flatten the plantains until each one is about 1/4-inch thick.
- Add slices back into the hot oil and fry until golden brown and crispy. Drain on fresh paper towels and season immediately with salt.
- Prepare guacamole: Peel and pit your avocado, then mash with lime juice until the mixture is mostly smooth. Season to taste with salt.
- Serve tostones with guacamole and garnish with fresh oregano leaves.