Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe For Urinary Tract Infection
Ingredients for the vinaigrette:
- 3 tbsp apple juice
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp mustard brown or dijon
- 1 1/2 tbsp date paste or syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup light olive or avocado oil
- sea salt and black pepper
Ingredients for the salad:
- 1 lb brussels sprouts raw, shredded
- 8 slices nitrate-free bacon , cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp rendered bacon fat
- 2/3 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- sea salt of nuts
- 1 med apple, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Have all ingredients prepped and ready to go before beginning.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add bacon pieces. Cook until crisp, stirring to evenly brown, then remove with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels, save the bacon fat.
- Place shredded Brussels sprouts in a large bowl and toss with bacon and 1 tbsp rendered bacon fat.
- Meanwhile, heat the same skillet over medium heat and add the nuts, sprinkle with sea salt. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring, until toasty, careful not to burn.
- Toss the nuts with the Sprouts and bacon, then add the chopped apples. Sprinkle with lemon juice, then add the cranberries and toss.
- To make the dressing, place all ingredients except for salt and pepper in a tall jar or container and use an immersion blender to combine. Taste, then add salt and pepper.
- Toss about half the dressing with the salad, leaving the rest to serve with as extra. Serve and enjoy!*