Tomato- Basil Soup Recipe For Feminine Issues
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and pepper
- 3 lb tomatoes, cut into peices
- 1 large sprig basil, plus small leaves for serving
- Parmesan rind
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven on medium. Add onions, garlic, and 1/2 tsp salt and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, basil, Parmesan rind (if using), and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are very tender and liquid has reduced slightly about 20 minutes; discard Parmesan rind.
- Using an immersion blender or a standard blender (in batches), puree soup. Season with 1/2 tsp pepper and serve drizzled with oil and basil, if desired.