Salsa Verde Braised Catfish Recipe For Feminine Issues
- 1 cup brown rice, long-grained
- 2 tsp grapeseed/canola oil
- 1 cup white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 4 (4-6 Oz.) catfish fillets
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, unsalted, roasted
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Cook rice according to package directions. Remove from heat, cover and set aside for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large heavy-bottom skillet. Add onions and salt and cook 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add cumin and black pepper and heat 30 seconds. Add broth and salsa verde and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and carefully place fish fillets in pan, spooning sauce over the top. Cover and simmer gently over low heat until fish is cooked through, flipping once, about 8 minutes. Squeeze lime juice over the top and remove from heat. Divide rice among plates and top with catfish. Spoon salsa verde sauce on top. Scatter on pumpkin seeds and cilantro.