Paleo Swedish Meatballs Recipe For Feminine Issues
Ingredient for the cauliflower sauce
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 3 tbsp ghee or grass-fed butter, melted
- 1 cup beef bone broth
- 1 tbsp stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Ingredients for the meatballs
- 2 lbs grass-fed ground beef
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Instructions for the sauce
- Steam the cauliflower for 8 minutes in a steamer or in boiling water, until soft when poked with a fork.
- Transfer steamed cauliflower to a high-powered blender along with the rest of the sauce ingredients.
- Blend until completely smooth. If necessary, add more broth to thin out the sauce to desired consistency.
- Taste sauce for flavor and add more ghee and/or sea salt to taste. Set aside until ready to use.
Instructions for the meatballs
- Add all ingredients for the meatballs to a mixing bowl and use your hands to mix everything together until well-combined (note: you can also perform this step using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment).
- Form meatballs 1.5 to 2 inches in diameter and place on a plate.
- Heat 2 tablespoons avocado oil or cooking oil of choice in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, place the meatballs in the hot skillet, giving each one plenty of room (you’ll need to do this in 2 to 3 batches). Cook 2 minutes, flip to the other side and cook another 2 to 3 minutes until browned on 2 sides. Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe out the skillet, lower the heat to medium-low and add the sauce. Bring sauce to a gentle boil then add the meatballs and stir. Cover and cook until meatballs are cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes. For more developed flavor, cook meatballs at a very gentle simmer over medium-low heat for 30 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.