Green Egg Shakshuka Recipe For Feminine Issues
- 8-10 fresh tomatillos, peeled
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large bunch kale, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 large parsley, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red chili, flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 large eggs
- 4-5 sprigs dill
- crusty bread, sliced
- Set oven to broil and remove husks from tomatillos. Place tomatillos on a baking sheet and broil for 6-8 minutes, or until the tops are blistered and soft. Remove from the oven and use a fork to mash. Set aside.
- Into a large pan over medium heat add butter and diced onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until onions are soft. Add kale, spinach, parsley, garlic, and the blistered tomatillos to the pan and cook for an additional 6-8 minutes, or until all of the greens are wilted. Stir in salt, cumin, red chili flakes, black pepper, and lemon juice until incorporated.
- Using the back of a spoon, make 4 small wells in the greens and then crack an egg into each well. Cover the pan with a lid and let cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the egg whites are no longer translucent.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with fresh dill. Serve immediately with crusty bread.