Curried Pumpkin Coconut Soup Recipe For Feminine Issues
- 2 1/2 lbs Kroger sugar pumpkin, seeded, skinned, and cubed
- 1 1/2 lbs butternut squash, seeded, peeled, and cubed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Curry powder
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, ground
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups Chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- Jalapeño,, seeded, sliced
- Pumpkin seeds
- Prepare the pumpkin and butternut squash, if you have a sharp peeler, it actually works quite well to use it to remove the skins from the squash. Cube the pumpkin and squash flesh into 2-3” chunks.
- Heat the oil in a large dutch oven or heavy soup pot, sauté onions until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, squash, curry, nutmeg, ginger, red pepper, salt and pepper and stock. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until squash is tender and can be pierced with a fork, about 15-20 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a food processor or blender in small batches.
- Once your soup is nice and creamy return it to the pot. Add your coconut milk, additional salt and pepper if needed and warm it back up over medium heat.
- Serve with pumpkin seeds, a swirl of extra coconut milk, sliced jalapenos and a little cilantro. Enjoy!
The soup is very flavorful and appetizing.