Stuffed Sausage Boats Recipe For Candida
- 1 lb sausage or beef, ground
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, roasted, chopped, optional
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese or cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash zucchini and put into a large pot of water. Do not peel, cut, or remove ends.
- Bring to a boil and boil for about 10 minutes until somewhat tender.
- While the zucchini is boiling, dice the onion and bell pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute onion and bell pepper for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground meat and cook until browned, then remove from heat.
- Once the zucchini are cooked, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Do not discard the seeds, but add them to the meat and veggie mixture.
- Place the zucchini on large baking sheet.
- Add the roasted red peppers and the eggs to the somewhat cooled meat mixture and stir well.
- Evenly divide the meat mixture among the zucchini boats.
- Top each with the shredded cheese if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until well heated and cheese starts to bubble. Enjoy!