Spring Chicken Salad Recipe For Candida
- 1 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup basil, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 anchovy , fillets
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 pound potatoes , scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 cups chicken, cooked shredded
- 1/2 cups English peas, freshly shelled
- 4 ounces baby arugula
- pine nuts, toasted
- Make the sauce verte. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the herbs, garlic, anchovies, capers, and lemon juice to make a coarse paste. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil with the food processor running until everything is well blended and you have a thick sauce. Season to taste with the salt and pepper. Set aside 2/3 cup and save the rest for another use.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F and arrange two racks in the bottom half of the oven. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes in olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Roast on the bottom rack for 25-35 minutes or until fork-tender, stirring about halfway through.
- Wash your asparagus and remove the woody stems by gently bending the ends of the stalks until they break naturally. Trim into 1 1/2″ pieces, place on a separate rimmed baking sheet and toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast them in the oven alongside the potatoes for 7-12 minutes until fork-tender. Your roasting time will depend on the thickness of your asparagus.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, asparagus, chicken, shelled peas, and arugula. Add the sauce verte and toss with the other ingredients until everything is evenly coated. Divide between plates and top with toasted pine nuts and another crack of ground pepper.