Spinach Artichoke Baked Potatoes Recipe For Candida
- 4 small/medium russet potatoes
- 5 oz. container fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 14 oz can artichoke hearts
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 53 oz. coconut cream
- 1.5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp ghee or buttered-flavored coconut oil
- Rub the potatoes with coconut oil and sprinkle with salt if desired, bake the potatoes at 400 for 1 hour or until soft inside
- You will use the inside of 3 of the potatoes, discard the inside only of the 4th, or save for another use
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil. Add the onions and cook until soft, then the garlic and cook until just softened.
- Add the chopped spinach and sautée, stirring until wilted, then add the chopped artichoke hearts and a sprinkle of salt and cook one more minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mash or blend together the insides from 3 potatoes with the coconut cream, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, ghee or coconut oil, plus 3/4 tsp of salt
- Combine the potato mixture with the spinach artichoke mixture, then scoop into the hollowed potatoes
- Bake at 400 for about 15-20 minutes or until beginning to lightly brown. Remove from oven and serve hot. You can store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days – they reheat in the oven or toaster oven really well!