Italian Chicken Skillet Recipe For Candida
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 oz 14 oz. can tomatoes, crushed
- 1/4 cup basil, torn
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until golden and cooked through, about 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion and peppers to skillet and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add zucchini and cook until slightly charred, 3 minutes more, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Season with oregano.
- Add broth and crushed tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and top with sauce and vegetables.
- Garnish with basil before serving.