Chicken Pesto Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Recipe For Candida
- 1 cup walnuts, raw shelled
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups fresh spinach kale
- 2/3 cup light olive oil
- 1 1/2 – 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3/4 tsp sea salt, to taste
- 3 cups chicken breast, cooked, shredded, about 1 lb uncooked
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- coconut oil and salt, for baking
- Baked Potatoes: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Coat sweet potatoes with a bit of coconut oil and sprinkle sea salt all over. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake 60-70 mins until soft.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto. Combine walnuts, garlic, basil leaves, spinach, olive oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and salt in a blender or food processor. Blend on high speed until paste forms, scraping sides as needed.
- Combine shredded chicken and all the pesto in a large bowl. Once potatoes are ready, cut each one lengthwise and top generously with chicken pesto mixture. You can serve as is or return to the oven for a few minutes to heat through. Enjoy!