Asian Beef Salad Recipe For Candida
Ingredients for sesame mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper
Ingredients for beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp chili flake
- 2/3 lb ribeye steak
Ingredients for salad
- 3 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 2 oz. cucumber
- 3 oz. lettuce
- 1/2 red onion
- fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 scallions
- Prepare the sesame mayonnaise by mixing mayo with the sesame oil and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients for the beef marinade and pour into a plastic bag. Add the beef and marinate for 15 minutes or more at room temperature.
- Chop all vegetables for the salad, except the scallions, into bite-sized pieces. Divide between two plates.
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add sesame seeds to the dry pan, and toast them for a couple of minutes, or until they’re lightly browned and fragrant. Set aside.
- Pat the meat dry on both sides with paper towels. On high heat, sear for a minute or two on each side, and then reduce heat to medium low, cooking until beef is medium, and then transfer to a cutting board.
- Fry the scallions for a minute in the same pan.
- Slice the meat, across the grain, into thin slices. Place beef and scallions on top of the vegetables.
- Top with roasted sesame seeds and serve with a dollop of sesame mayonnaise on the side.