Roast Beef Red Curry Recipe For Bacterial Vaginosis
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 2.5-3 lbs chuck roast, fat trimmed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 14 oz. coconut milk, divided
- 4 cups beef stock, divided
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 4 Lime leaves or zest and juice from one lime
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 Lemongrass stock, cut into 1" pieces and smashed with side of a knife
- 1 inch Piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 2-inch cubes
- 2 Red bell peppers, julienned
- Cilantro for serving
- Basil for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large dutch oven heat olive oil over medium heat. Season the roast with salt and pepper and add to dutch oven allowing to brown on both sides. (about 5 minutes per side). Remove roast from dutch oven and set aside.
- Add all but one cup of the coconut milk, 1 cup of stock, red curry paste, lime, onion, garlic, lemongrass and ginger to the dutch oven, whisking to combine all ingredients. Bring coconut mixture to a simmer and add in the chuck roast. Cover with lid and place in oven for 2 hours.
- Once finished, removed roast and shred using two forks discarding any large pieces of fat.
- Add to the pot the remaining coconut milk, stock, sweet potatoes and peppers. Simmer until sweet potatoes are just tender. Add shredded beef back into the curry and stir until mixed through.
- Serve over rice (or as a soup) topped with cilantro, Thai basil and chilies. This dish is also delicious with kale added in!