Pesto Chicken Casserole Recipe For Bacterial Vaginosis
Ingredients for the pie crust
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk powder, ground
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil , melted
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp water
Ingredients for the topping
- 8 oz. cottage cheese
- 7 oz. cheese, shredded
Ingredients for the filling
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef
- 1 tbsp dried oregano or dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp tomato paste or ajvar relish
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Fry onion and garlic in butter or olive oil over medium heat for a few minutes, until onion is soft. Add ground beef and keep frying. Add oregano or basil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add tomato paste or ajvar relish. Add water. Lower the heat and let simmer for at least 20 minutes. While the meat simmers, make the dough for the crust.
- Mix all the crust ingredients in a food processor for a few minutes until the dough turns into a ball. If you don't have a food processor, you can mix by hand with a fork.
- Place a round piece of parchment paper in a well-greased springform pan or deep-dish pie pan — 9-10 inches (23-25 cm) in diameter — to make it easier to remove the pie when it's done. Spread the dough in the pan and up along the sides. Use a spatula or well-greased fingers. Once the crust is shaped to the pan, prick the bottom of the crust with a fork.
- Pre-bake the crust for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and place the meat in the crust. Mix cottage cheese and shredded cheese together, and layer on top of the pie.
- Bake on the lower rack for 30-40 minutes or until the pie has turned a golden color.