Pesto Baked Chicken Recipe For Bacterial Vaginosis
Ingredients for the pesto
- 1 cup walnuts, raw shelled
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup light flavored olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
Ingredients for the chicken
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, organic
- sea salt and pepper
- 4 slices tomato
- generous pinch Italian seasoning
- generous pinch nutritional yeast
- First, make the pesto while you preheat your oven to 400 F. You can also make the pesto the day before and store in the fridge to eliminate prep time.
- Add all of the pesto ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor and process/blend on high speed until a "paste" forms, stopping to scrape the sides and stir once or twice for even blending. Store the pesto in a covered container/jar in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Place the chicken breasts in a well-greased baking dish or cast-iron skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then, generously spread the pesto all over the chicken (I went VERY generous!) and save the rest for another recipe.
- Top each piece of chicken with 2 tomato slices and a generous pinch of nutritional yeast** and Italian seasoning.
- Bake in the preheated 400 F oven for 25-30 minutes or until just cooked through. Slice chicken as desired and serve! Makes 4-6 servings.