Old Bay Shrimp and Sausage Recipe For Bacterial Vaginosis
- 1 lb shrimp, raw
- 1 lb chicken sausage, fully cooked or raw that has been cooked through enough to slice.
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3" pieces
- 2 shallots, sliced into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 lemon
- pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Lemon Garlic Aioli
- 1 cup Extra light tasting olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of one lemon
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- To make the aioli, add the olive oil, egg, garlic, lemon juice and zest and salt to a mason jar. Place hand blender (also known as an immersion blender) at the bottom of the jar and turn it on. In a few seconds you will see the aioli start to form at the bottom. It will quickly begin to emulsify and become thick. Hold the blender at the bottom of the jar for the first few seconds until the oil has been incorporated, then move the blender up slowly until fully combined!
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl toss asparagus and shallots in olive oil with 1/2 tsp salt and spread on baking sheet along with sausage. Place on center rack and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and add shrimp. Season entire sheet pan with remaining salt, freshly ground pepper, old bay seasoning and squeeze the lemon over the top. Gently toss all ingredients on the pan and roast for an additional 6-7 minutes or until sausage is warmed through and shrimp is pink. Serve warm with the aioli. Enjoy!