Keto quesadillas Recipe For Bacterial Vaginosis
Ingredients for low-carb tortillas
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp psyllium husk powder, ground
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
Ingredients for the filling
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter, for frying
- 5 oz. Mexican cheese
- 1 oz. baby spinach
Instructions for the tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and egg whites together until fluffy. Add cream cheese and continue to beat until the batter is smooth.
- In a bowl, combine salt, psyllium husk and coconut flour. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture into the batter while beating. When combined, let the batter sit for a few minutes. It should be thick like pancake batter. Your brand of psyllium husk powder affects this step — be patient… If it does not thicken enough, add some more.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Use a spatula to spread the batter over the parchment paper into a big rectangle. If you want round tortillas you can fry them in a frying pan like pancakes.
- Bake on the upper rack for about 5–10 minutes, until the tortilla turns brown around the edges. Keep your eye on the oven — don’t let these tasty creations burn on the bottom!
- Cut the big tortilla into smaller pieces (6 pieces per baking sheet).
Instructions for the quesadillas
- Heat oil or butter in a small, non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Put a tortilla in the frying pan and sprinkle with cheese, spinach and with some more cheese. Top with another tortilla.
- Fry each quesadilla for about a minute on each side. You’ll know it’s done when the cheese melts.