Jaden’s Flan Recipe For Bacterial Vaginosis
- 3 cups coconut milk, full fat
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey, for flan
- 1/4 cup honey, to caramelize
- Squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- The serving size for this particular recipe is 12, feel free to cut ingredients in half as needed.
- Combine coconut milk, heavy cream, eggs, honey, and vanilla into a blender and blend until all ingredients are mixed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan put in 1 tbsp of water, a squeeze of lemon juice and 1/4 cup of honey over low to medium heat. Stir occasionally until mixture is golden brown, remove from heat immediately (note: don’t stir too much because honey will crystallize).
- Then take a glass baking dish (we used a 3-quart glass baking dish) and another glass baking dish that is slightly bigger. Pour the caramelized honey into the smaller baking dish and spread out with a spatula, be sure to cover the entire dish, and then place the honey basted baking dish into the larger baking dish.
- Pour into the larger baking dish about an inch high of hot water.
- Pour the blended flan mixture into the smaller baking dish over the caramelized honey and bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until the middle has set into a custard-like texture. Let the flan cool for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.