Paleo & Whole30 Spinach Quiche Recipe For Candida
Easy Recipe for Paleo & Whole30 Spinach Quiche Recipe For Candida. That will help your Candida treatment. Natural Remedy for Candida with healthy food and diet.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Calories: 270kcalPin Recipe
Ingredients For The Crust
- 1 large Japanese sweet potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- generous pinch of fine-grain sea salt for crust
Ingredients For The Filling
- 8 oz fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fine grain salt
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, full fat canned
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Peel your sweet potato and slice it into very thin rounds – these rounds will form the crust. Toss the rounds with the olive oil and arrange in a 9.5" pie dish, overlapping, along the bottom and up the sides. The smaller rounds near the ends of the potato work well for the side crust.
- Sprinkle the crust with salt and roast in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until soft and beginning to brown.
- While the crust bakes, make the filling. Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat and add the bacon pieces. Cook the bacon until about 3/4 of the way done, drain a little bit of the fat, and add the onions and cook with the bacon, stirring.
- Once the onions are translucent, add the chopped mushrooms and garlic and lower the heat to medium. Continue to cook and stir about 2 more minutes until softened and toasty.
- Stir in the chopped spinach until it wilts, then removes from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, salt, and nutritional yeast.
- Remove the sweet potato crust from the oven once done and lower the heat to 400 degrees F. Add the spinach mixture to the crust, then carefully pour the egg mixture over the top and allow it to settle in. You might have a bit extra – it's okay if the egg mixture "leaks" through the crust but don't allow it to get too close to the top of the dish.
- Bake in the 400-degree oven for 25 minutes or until the center is set and the sides begin to brown. The quiche will puff up in the oven but settle once done.
- Allow the quiche to cool and set for about 15 minutes before cutting into slices and serving. Leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Enjoy!
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.7g (1%) | Protein: 13g (26%) | Fat: 22g (34%)
4-Part FREE Course on how to Get Rid of Feminine Issues Naturally Check out Feminine Health Club!